Network Drive full error

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
jstrong

Network Drive full error

Post by jstrong »

I am backing up across a network overnight. AISBackup is installed on the "master" PC and gets files from another machine over a small LAN.

1) I got an MS message on the master PC re a delayed write failure

2) I noted that I had run out of space on the drive to which the backup files are saved (151mb left)

3) I made space on the drive and tried to run the backup again and got the error message:-

"AISBackup encountered an error acquiring the next backup file batch.

..will terminate... please re-run to complete"

4) I pressed the "Prepare" button - AISBackup stalled at opening the Contents File

7) If I re-boot AISBackup, the process is repeated

Many thanks for any help you can bring

Jim
Barry
Site Admin

Backup error

Post by Barry »

There is a fault in the current version of AISBackup when a backup was part way backing up a huge file, this is fixed in the next release (1.9.2) which we hope to upload this week.

The easiest way to fix this is to remove the current backup session using the menu option Manage Backup / Undo Backups.

Barry
jstrong

Post by jstrong »

> menu option Manage Backup / Undo Backups.

I don't see that option under Manage Backup, Barry. Is there another name for it, or is it "context sensitive"?

I should have said - I'm on 1.9.1.

Thanks

Jim
Barry
Site Admin

Work-around:

Post by Barry »

Hi Jim

Thanks for sending in the requested files. I have been looking at the program code and I think this work-around should be okay.

The file that is waiting to be restarted is called:

\\jimsave\jimstrong\Library\Favorites\Documents\Virtual PC List\Windows XP Professional.vpc\SaveState.vsv

If this file is changed, i.e. the date modified is changed (or the file recreated?) AISBackup will automatically restart the backup of this file. If the file is deleted (or renamed) AISBackup will also restart the backup of this file. Perhaps you could temporarily move the file to another folder (that is not backed up), run the backup, move the file back and backup once more.

Please let us know if this works okay.

Barry
jstrong

Post by jstrong »

Thanks for the repair executable, Barry!

Just to complete the circle for others looking in:- I was unable to follow the work-around route and Barry sent me a repair program that worked some magic on the backup files. All is now well!

Jim
Barry
Site Admin

Restart problem

Post by Barry »

Hi

Version 1.9.2 (pre-release) is available for download. This fixes the restart problem (which may be difficult to test). This version is marked pre-release until all reported issues have been tested.

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/DownoadAISBackup.htm#Pre

Thank you.

Barry