Scheduled Backup and Mapped Network Drives

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
vintagepostcards

Scheduled Backup and Mapped Network Drives

Post by vintagepostcards »

I am running Windows XP Home. I just installed the new Version 1.9. I have a scheduled backup which runs once a day, and backups up files from my local hard disk and from two mapped network drives to a DVD using packet writing. Sometimes the other computer on the network (with the two mapped network drives) is off. With the older version of AISBackup, my scheduled backup would report that the mapped network drives were missing and I could then skip them manually (abort each missing mapped drive message) when I came back to the computer, and the backup would then continue to run just the files from the local drive. With the new version, the scheduled backup doesn't report the missing mapped network drives and just automatically aborts without running if the other computer is off. If I run this same backup manually in the new version 1.9, the backup does report the missing drives and I can manually skip them and continue the backup on just the local disk files.

How do I set the scheduled backup to skip the missing mapped network drives (if the other computer is off) and run just the local drive automatically?
Barry
Site Admin

Network backup

Post by Barry »

Hi

I can confirm that AISBackup is not backing up anything if a share cannot be mapped at run time when running via the task scheduler.

This will be corrected and uploaded within a few days, you will be sent an e-mail.

You may have also noticed an Access Violation message when running a network backup, this will also be corrected.

A workaround for the share problem is to separate the jobs, one for each PC, and run all jobs via the same MS scheduled task. AISBackup will run each job in turn and only fail the missing PC's. To set-up multiple AISBackup jobs in the same task use the Tools / Auto Running AISBackup option.

Barry
vintagepostcards

re: network backup

Thanks, Barry. I look forward to the e-mail notification of the availability of the correction. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question fully. These days, most tech support personnel aren't quite that astute!
Barry
Site Admin

Version 1.9.1

Post by Barry »

Version 1.9.1 has been uploaded.

Barry
vintagepostcards

Thanks again, Barry!