Cannot use loaded CD because there is not enough free space

Post by g3it »

AIS BAckup Vers 1.9.0.201
Media: Imation CD/RW 650Mb 4x-10x
Win O/S: Win98 4.10.1998
Ram: 128Mb
Drive: Sony CRX-230E (Firmware QYS1)
HDD: 8Gb / 4.12Gb Free

When re-running a backup job to CD/RW AIS goes through the preparation stage OK but when in the mastering stage where it shows the currently loaded CD (eg. D = [CD01]) when I click "use loaded CD to re-use" it loops & will not proceed any further.

After turning off auto insert notification in device manager - the loop/inaction is replaced by the message "Cannot use loaded CD because there is not enough free space available. Please load a blank CD then choose retry/abort"

Is it not possible to add to an existing backup CD with AIS Backup – does the program expect to see a blank CD every time it is used when using the Integrated CD Writer ?

Is it only when using Packet Writing software with the CD formatted that you can “add” data to an existing backup job/CD??

Help needed - thanks!!!
Barry
Site Admin

AISBackup Mastered CD's

Post by Barry »

AISBackup cannot use pre-used CD's from another backup when using the integrated CD writer. AISBackup must pre-name CD's in order to track files within the backup, unlike when using a packet writing system this must be done before the CD is written to. To avoid any possible conflict with existing backups we took the decision not to allow pre-used CD's to be used with different backup jobs.

AISBackup can add data to the last CD used within the current backup.

Barry
g3it

Post by g3it »

Barry, I am not using pre-used CD's from another backup when using the integrated CD writer.

I have "Reset Backup" & formatted the CD/RW (called it [D01]), run & tested the backup successfully (1228+ files - 530Mb).

However, if I add 1 test directory/file to the directories being backed up ("prepare job" tells me there is 1 file to be backed up), the mastering stage will not progress as it constantly asks me to either format or replace the CD (from the in the drive.

Therefore, I am unable to get AISBackup to "add data to the last CD used within the current backup" as stated

Please advise ASAP!! Thanks.
Barry
Site Admin

CD Full?

Post by Barry »

Hi

Please send us the <jobname>.buz file so that I may give an informed answer to this query. Formatted CD's are not compatible with using the AISBackup integrated CD writer and blank CD's (or pre-used Mastered CD's used in the same job) are not compatible when selecting to use a Packet Writing System.

Set-up a small job that uses the integrated CD writer, do not format a CD but load a Blank (or choose to Erase a pre-used CD-RW). Run the backup, add some more files, re-run the backup. AISBackup should ask for the pre-used CD.

Barry
g3it

Post by g3it »

Barry,
*.Buz files emailed as requested!