Scheduled back up halts immediatly

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
cstegenga

Scheduled back up halts immediatly

Post by cstegenga »

I have created a b/u job that runs manually with no errors but when scheduled it kicks off the program but doesnot run. The error log in M/S scheduler shows an error code of 0 and the program halts immediatly. What do you suggest?
cstegenga

Post by cstegenga »

Barry,
I read the announcements :oops: I am using AIS 8.1 on a windows 2000 Machine at service pack 4 level.
Barry
Site Admin

Auto running AISBackup

Post by Barry »

Hi Chuck

Is the backup running under the same user account? If not log into the backup account and manually run the backup from there to confirm things are running okay.

Also note that version 1.8 pre-set the run once per day flag, it may be worth checking and de-select this parameter and trying again.

If the above does not help please e-mail us the command line parameters and the job files by using the Help / Bug Report facility.

Barry
cstegenga

Post by cstegenga »

Barry,
Yes I supplied my account name and password. I am administrator on both machines. (the one I'm backing up to, and on the one being backed up.) Both are servers in the same domain. The server that I am backing up to is the domain controller. I'll definitely look into the once per day flag. that very well could be the problem.

So far I just come in early and run that job manually. The program works great. I do have another question though.... right now I am doing diferential backups every day. On Mondays I think I would like to do a complete backup. What changes should I make to the job?