Full Backups?

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
dcheever

Full Backups?

Post by dcheever »

Hi
I'm using Version 1.9 on Win2k. I've read through the forum, the help and I'm still unclear on creating a full backup. I have the "back up everything" option checked, but it still only backs up the latest changed files. This would be fine, but I weant a full backup every night to a single CD. I don't require multiple copies, and I'm sadly too lazy to deal with a multiple CD set.

Am I out of luck with your program? :cry:
David
Barry
Site Admin

AISBackup: Full backup

Post by Barry »

AISBackup was designed to always do incremental backups because they are equivalent to full backups anyway. When it comes to restore all backup sessions look and behave like full backups rather than incremental. AISBackup takes all the hard work and uncertainty out of restoring (to be fair other products can do this too).

The manual way to restart a backup (do a full backup) is:

Manage Backup / Reset Backup - Backup Everything

We do not want to miss a sale though, so it is possible to automate this via a desktop shortcut:

Choose Tools / Auto Running AISBackup
Choose the job and add it to the list
Check Clear Backup Contents File - Backup Everything (this is what you want)
If you want AISBackup to auto erase CD-RW choose a database deletion option.
Click Create Shortcut
Check Desktop Shortcut and click OK
Only one copy of AISBackup can run at a time so close down AISBackup before running this new job shortcut.

AISBackup only automatically erases CD's that belonged to the job, you must manually erase other CD's.

Barry
dcheever

Post by dcheever »

Barry-
Excellent so far. I have a shortcut to the job in the startup menu. Will this fire at the old scheduled time (7:00 PM)? How does the new shortcut run? Does it fire when the PC is started, or at the old scheduled time? It won't really work to run at startup because I don't turn it off at night.

Thanks,
David
Barry
Site Admin

Shortcut

Post by Barry »

The Tools/Auto Running AISBackup option may also be used to scheduele a backup at any time using Microsoft Task Scheduler. The shortcut method is for manually running a backup, except of course when a shortcut is in Start-up.

Barry
dcheever

Full Backups?

Post by dcheever »

Thanks. That did the trick. You've made another sale.

David