FTP restore

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Hughg

FTP restore

Post by Hughg »

I'm backing up to an ftp server, but I can't get it to restore. If I select Tools | Open job from FTP server and get AISBackup to connect, it does, but won't show any subfolders of the set of folders in the server root (and the server is set to show subdirectories, because if I log in using a different ftp client I can see them all). So I can't get to the appropriate backup job file. Perhaps as a linked issue, if I click Restore from Backup and then Next, the Select files to restore window shows "Not loaded" against the computer icon in the left-hand pane, and no files are listed in the right-hand pane.

I don't think it's a problem with the server, because the backups run just fine.

Cheers
Hugh
Barry
Site Admin

FTP

Post by Barry »

Hi Hugh

Are you using the pre-release 1.9 version of AISBackup, build 200 or 201? Unfortunately there is an FTP problem with these builds for which a fix will be uploaded soon.

If you log into the FTP Server using AISBackup but the 'different' FTP client can you see the sub-folders then?

What Operating System is the FTP Server running?

If you can put a similar small FTP backup on a server that we can access then we will try from here.

Barry
Hughg

Post by Hughg »

Hi Barry

I've e-mailed you with the url of the ftp site, and there are a couple of backups for you to experiment with. Yes, I'm using build 200 -- I thought that one was ok :) It's on a Win 2K platform, and the server in question is BPFTPServer.

Sorry -- which is AISBackup's 'different' FTP client you're referring to? How do I get to it?

Cheers
Hugh
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Restore

Post by Barry »

Hi Hugh

I can confirm that there is a problem with the FTP Restore on your server. I can see all the backups using I.E. ftp and also an FTP program that forms the basis of the AISBackup interface. A fix should be available soon.

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Directory problem

Post by Barry »

Some FTP servers, such as BulletProof FTP, can be configured to return the absolute path of files and folders on the FTP server rather than the relative path (relative to ftp root that is).

AISBackup malfunctions when an absolute path is returned from the FTP Server, this has been fixed locally in pre-release 1.9 and will be uploaded soon, as build 203.

Barry