Installing 1.9 over 1.83

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
dolph

Installing 1.9 over 1.83

Post by dolph »

I am now using 1.8.3 with Win 2000. Can I download 1.9 and install it over 1.8.3? Would this be an upgrade for which there would be no charge insamuch as my current version has been registered and paid for?

If so, is it a case of just downloading 1.9 in the same folder as 1.8.3?

I guess I'd have to run total backups again, inasmuch as 1.8.3 files can't be read by 1.9. Is this correct?javascript:emoticon(':?:')
javascript:emoticon(':?:')

Thank you.

P.S. Wonderful program. I've just had occasion to restore my C: drive in toto. Worked like a charm.javascript:emoticon(':D')
javascript:emoticon(':D')
Barry
Site Admin

Installing new versions of AISBackup

Post by Barry »

Hi Dolph

You may install AISBackup over the top of the existing AISBackup.

We always keep existing backups compatible with old backups going back to before AISBackup was first released, i.e. a backup taken in March 2000 is compatible with AISBackup version 1.9. You may notice that some backup database files are converted to the new version the first time they are opened.

Backups made with version 1.9 cannot be opened in version 1.8 or below, if this is tried AISBackup reports that the backup was taken in a version of AISBackup newer than the version you are running and suggests that you download the upgrade.

All new versions of AISBackup are available free of charge to existing customers.

Version 1.9 is still pre-release as of 31 December 2003 so please register the upgrade so that we may inform you when we upload the next version.

Barry