AISBackup does ignore missing Network-Shares

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Markus

AISBackup does ignore missing Network-Shares

Post by Markus »

Hi Barry,
with Build 189 AISbackup changed behaviour when a network-share is not available.
I´m running Build 189 under W2K SP4. Normally I backup some directories on a W98-Client which is not allways powered on.
Build 185 was looking for the network-share an asked me to continue or to abort when the share was not found. There was also a message in the log that the network-share was missing.
Build 189 continues the Backup-Job without any question asked an logs that Drive Z: was mapped to the unavailable share.
Bug or Feature?
Regards
Markus
Barry
Site Admin

Missing Network Shares

Post by Barry »

The latest version of AISBackup performs Network backups as follows:

If the drive is not available and AISBackup is running interactively a prompt is displayed asking whether the job should continue. When the job is run via a desktop shortcut it continues if the share is not available (maybe we should put an Abort button on the form).

The current version fails (appears to hang) if run non-interactively (when run under a different user account from that logged on). This has been fixed and will be uploaded soon. The Fix will allow AISBackup to continue without the missing shares.

Barry
Markus

Re: Missing Network Shares

Post by Markus »

Barry wrote:The latest version of AISBackup performs Network backups as follows:
If the drive is not available and AISBackup is running interactively a prompt is displayed asking whether the job should continue. When the job is run via a desktop shortcut it continues if the share is not available (maybe we should put an Abort button on the form).
Barry
this is not the way it behaves here, it changed with one of the last versions. I´m running AISBackup interactively and it continues without asking. I´m running it interactively from my account with Admin-Privileges
Markus
Barry
Site Admin

Network backup

Post by Barry »

Hi Markus

Will you send us the <Jobname>.buz file please and a copy a log page from the log file when the backup was last run without the network drive connected (View / Backup Log / Select backup / Copy Page button then paste the log into an e-mail).

Thanks

Barry
Markus

Re: Network backup

Post by Markus »

Hi Barry,
email is on the way.
Markus
Barry
Site Admin

Computers not available

Post by Barry »

Hi Markus

I see what is happening now. The share is still mapped albeit to a network drive that is offline. The message will be put back in the next release of AISBackup.

Barry
Markus

Re: Computers not available

Post by Markus »

Barry wrote:The message will be put back in the next release of AISBackup.Barry
fine, I will be patient :-)

Markus
Markus

Re: Computers not available

Post by Markus »

Barry wrote: I see what is happening now. The share is still mapped albeit to a network drive that is offline. The message will be put back in the next release of AISBackup.
Hi Barry,
I installed Verson 1.8.3.192 yesterday, the behavior is unchanged. After I select "Open Job" AISbackup is checking the network-connections for some time. After checking the network-connection it continues without a message or question. The same after "Run Backup", the network is checked again, AISbackup logs "Z: mapped to \\wsh\hc" and continues the job without any questions asked.
Markus
Barry
Site Admin

Network Mapping

Post by Barry »

Sorry, I meant the release after next :oops:

Barry
Markus

Re: Network Mapping

Post by Markus »

Barry wrote:Sorry, I meant the release after next :oops:
ok, no problem.