Invalid file structure in Sip files

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Trevor Cave

Invalid file structure in Sip files

Post by Trevor Cave »

On my last backup 5289 files were recorded as failing testing. The log reported such messages as "Zip file structure invalid", "Error reading from zip file", "Fatal Error in UnzDLL.DLL: abort exception" etc.

When I try to read the zip files directly from the CD, they open OK - at least the ones I have tried did. I haven't tried all 5289!

I am using vers 1.8.0.175, on WindowsXP. I am backing up to CD (TEAC W548E) using the AIS writer.

Any ideas what is going on? Dare I assume I can use the backup if necessary?

Cheers

Trevor Cave
Barry
Site Admin

Backup zip file error

Post by Barry »

It is possible that the first zip file found to be in error caused the fatal error in Unzdll.dll, Look at the log file and re-check the first zip file that reported an error. The other zip files are probably okay. Try the Manage Backup / Validate (Test) backup option to re-test the CD, if the error re-occurs copy the CD data to disk and remove the first zip file found to be in error and then re-run the test phase. If this is a multiple CD backup you only need to test the CD that has the reported error.

Barry
Trevor Cave

Re: Backup zip file error

Post by Trevor Cave »

Barry wrote:It is possible that the first zip file found to be in error caused the fatal error in Unzdll.dll, Look at the log file and re-check the first zip file that reported an error. The other zip files are probably okay. Try the Manage Backup / Validate (Test) backup option to re-test the CD, if the error re-occurs copy the CD data to disk and remove the first zip file found to be in error and then re-run the test phase. If this is a multiple CD backup you only need to test the CD that has the reported error.

Barry
Thanks for that. I looked at the first file and it appeared OK so I tried the Manage Backup option. This went haywire, recording even more errors. It then stopped responding - I had to close it down with windows task manager.

This lost me the details of the backup log, so I started again with a new backup job and new discs.

The same thing happened. The exact error messages were :-
Error Reading from Zip File
Error Reading a file
Fatal error in UnzDLL.DLL:abort exception
Test failed:c:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386\ahui.exe from Incremental-110.zip

I then tried the same job again. This time it got further, but produced the same results.

It doesn't appear to be any particular file, nor any particular disc. Could it be the TEAC W548E CD writer I have? I ask because I was trying NovStor prior to coming across your program, and they were having trouble with this bit of kit. They reckon to have solved it in their latest beta version but I haven't tried that yet.

Again thanks and any advice?

Trevor Cave
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

Hi

Does your PC use the VIA chipset, if yes try downloading and installing the latest 4 in 1 drivers.

Version v4.48 of VIA Hyperion 4 in 1 drivers may be downloaded from:

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=300

Have you tried the same backup to disk? Does this work okay?

Are you using a packet writing system or the integrated CD writer?

Barry
Trevor Cave

Post by Trevor Cave »

Hi Barry

I downloaded the latest via drivers as suggested. No change I am afraid.

I am using the inbuilt writer.

I did a full backup to the hard disc without any trouble whatever.

It does look like a cd drive problem doesn't it? I have asked them for an updated driver but they say windows XP doesn't need one.

Any more ideas? Thanks

Trevor
Barry
Site Admin

Invalid zip files

Post by Barry »

Hi

Which Windows operating system are you using?

Try removing the DMA setting from the CD writer, this may fix the problem. Also try using a third party CD writer to see if the fault is caused by the integrated CD writer. (Manage Backup / Edit Backup Job Parameters / Use Third Party CD Writer). Better still copy a disc based backup that you know is okay to CD using both the integated and third party CD writers by using the Manage Backup / Copy to CD option.

Is it possible you to borrow another CD writer to try?

Barry
Trevor Cave

Post by Trevor Cave »

Hello again

I am using Windows XP

I have tried copying the successful backup to disc using both Nero and your internal copier. In both cases it appeared to be successful, but failed validation. However, I can still open the apparently failed files as normal and they appear to work as normal.

This is probably a daft question, but how would I go about removing the DMA setting from the CD writer? The Help system doesn't seem much help!

I can't think of any way I can get hold of another cd writer to try.

Are we any nearer?

Thanks

Trevor
Barry
Site Admin

Enable PIO mode Windows 2000 & XP

Post by Barry »

Hi

The non DMA mode is called PIO mode on Windows XP, here are the instructions:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/How_to_RemoveDMAXP.htm

Have you got a CD-ROM or DVD that can read CD’s? You could try the Manage Backup / Validate (Test) Backup option with this instead of the Teac.

Barry
Trevor Cave

Post by Trevor Cave »

Hi

I have removed DMA. It doesn't seem to have made any difference to the testing cycle.

I have also tried the validate process using the DVD drive with similar results. The error messages, though, are different. They were:-

"Error while reading a central zip file"

"No zip file specified"

"Error reading zip file (see messages above)"

"Error reading central header"

"Error reading central file name"

The process appeared to hang. I tried to abort and received the message "not responding" in the screen header. Closed down using task manager.

Should I give up? I don't want to because the use of zip files seems such a good idea to me.

Cheers

Trevor