Reading backup files created on another PC

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Rob

Reading backup files created on another PC

Post by Rob »

Probably doing something stupid, but I created a backup on my desktop, installed aisbackup on my laptop. Went to restore the backup from the backup created on the desktop, but can't 'see' any of the backup files on the laptop. I've tried opening the backup in aisbackup and also tried viewing the files in explorer but in both cases nothing appears.
On the desktop they appear correctly.
Figured its to do with file type settings on the laptop. Am I right?
Thanks,
Rob
Barry
Site Admin

Reading a backup from another computer

Post by Barry »

Use the Tools / Load Script from Backup option (Tools / Load Job From Backup Media from version1.8 ) to install the backup job on the laptop. Load the backup from the last CD (or other media) used for the backup. If you cannot read a CD and it has been created with a packet writing system, e.g. INCD or DirectCD, you must either install a packet writer interface on the laptop or a UDF reader, one of which you can download for free from the end of this web-page:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/so ... esv4.jhtml

Barry
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Barry,
I thought I'd used the command you gave me. I think what happened is my CD ROM didn't read the disc properly. I've had that problem before. If I had simply taken the CD out of the drive and reinserted it, then it would have probably been OK.
Thanks again for a quick response.