logo logo
 The time in Wales is 19 August 2018 08:25:37

www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Image Backup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index -> AISBackup Windows 7, 8 and 10 Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicolas Forwood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Image Backup Reply with quote

Had to re install Vista and I found the worst part of the re install was to get all the MS Updates especially Service Pack 1 & 2 which each one is about 450MB. I'm now up to 220 updates installed and more are on the way.

I was told that a regular back up does not include updates but if I make an Image backup, it will include all the updates.

I made now on my USB external HD an AISBackup of my C;\ suitable for disaster recovery as it says and AISBackup made my external HD bootable and when I boot into it I can see the AISBackup screen and I'm ready for a restore.

I wonder is this backup similar to an image backup?
Barry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Backup Reply with quote

A regular backup of the 'C' drive does contain all the updates, a regular backup of the whole drive is equivalent to an image. Each time the same backup is run a new dated session is made (even though not so many files are backed up) therefore you end up with many images in the same backup. This enables a restore to be made of the PC to any of these dated sessions so even if a problem goes unnoticed you may restore back to a point where the PC was running OK.

The file copy option only contains a 'image' of the current state of the PC and therefore leaves you venerable to problems on the PC that may have also been copied.

Why did you think that a regular backup of the disk drive does not contain the updates?

Barry
Nicolas Forwood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told in another forum to consider an image backup and since I never noticed in AISBackup the image word I thought to ask.

Thanks for the help Barry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index -> AISBackup Windows 7, 8 and 10 Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: