logo logo
 The time in Wales is 17 July 2018 06:27:22

www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very Pleased

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index -> AISBackup Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdmoyers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Very Pleased Reply with quote

I've been saving this up for a while, so pardon if I gush:

:D I'm about 80% of the way to completely replacing Arcserve and suitcases full of tapes in my machine room, using AISB and portable USB harddrives. This is cheaper, faster, more reliable, simpler, easier to carry -- we are *so* pleased with AISB's features and performance.

(The last difficult nut is Netware's NDS database (which is kinda like microsofts Active Directory). It's difficult to backup, but we have some ideas.)

I've had to give repeated demonstrations of restores to convince people AISB is not a trick. Rolling Eyes Enterprise class backup software does not have to be complex, slow, expensive and cranky!

Oh how I've grown to hate Arcserve. To be free of it feels like kicking some horrible habit.

Evaluators: don't be put off by AISB's bizarre windows style (they're Brits, so... Wink ), the effort spent getting to know the program will pay off many times over.

-Kirby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index -> AISBackup Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: