logo logo
 The time in Wales is 21 October 2018 04:17:25

www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changed drive letters; do I have to recreate backup jobs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index -> AISBackup Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlittle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Changed drive letters; do I have to recreate backup jobs? Reply with quote

In a major revamping of my pc, I changed all the drive letters. For example, the Photography partition is now drive H: instead of L:. When I next went to back up the photography partition, AISB was still trying to backup L when all the photo files were in H. I looked in job settings for a way to change the letter of the drive being backed up but didn't find anything. Do I have to recreate the job with the new drive letter and re-do the whole backup, or is there a way to fix this so AISB associates the new drive letter with the existing job?
I'm using Windows 8.1 and AISB 4.2.0.459.
Thanks
Barry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Change drive letters Reply with quote

For major changes like this and if the directory structure is exactly the same use the Manage Backup / Backup Maintenance option, in the left hand pane right click the drive that is to be moved and choose Move Folder To New Drive.

Barry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index -> AISBackup Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: