logo logo
 The time in Wales is 21 October 2018 04:40:26

www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server 2012 DeDuplication

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index -> AISBackup Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penzipa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Server 2012 DeDuplication Reply with quote

I am trying to backup some data stored on a Server 2012 Dedup volume. as a test, I tried to backup an ISO file, looking at this files properties, the real size is about 500meg, however after dedup it appears to the file system as only 4 KB. The documentation for Dedup says that file copies or file based backups should grab the real file, copying the file to a non dedup volume works fine, however with Aisbackup, it only appears to backup the 4 KB file so restoring this file does not work, is there something missing, or does Aisbackup not yet work with the DeDup? Thanks in advance
Barry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Dedup Reply with quote

DeDup is new to me, however it may create hard links to the actual data; you will still need to backup the version of the file that holds the data (as well as the hard link itself).

Barry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.aiscl.co.uk Forum Index -> AISBackup Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: